Secondary Substation Communication in a Smart Grid Network
Advanced Power Distribution Operator (DSOs) are deploying smart grid networks. At the distribution layer, the process included installation of smart metering concentrators and grid automation devices in the secondary substations sites. Those sites are usually very small, distributed and with limited wire-line connectivity.
- A compact ruggedized switch designed for installation in harsh environmental conditions and in compliance with IEC 61850-3/IEEE 1613 requirements
- Authentication Proxy Access (APA) provides preconfigured task-based access
- Integrated Dual cellular modem which enables redundant backhaul connectivity in case fiber or copper are not available
- Supports extensive security capabilities including SCADA service-aware Firewall and IPsec VPNwith certificates.
- Supports Ethernet and Serial interfaces to connect modern and legacy metering and automation devices
- Supports SCADA protocol gateway for migrating legacy RTUs to an IP-based SCADA system