iTED - Training and Demonstration Kits
See your network the way an attacker would.
Radiflow’s training and demonstration kits, available in two sizes and multiple configurations, allow ICS/SCADA operators to see their network the way hackers see it, toward analyzing the network’s security vulnerabilities and implementing a network protection and prevention plan, as well as a recovery plan after an attack had occurred.
Simulate multiple attack types
Both kits are able to demonstrate the effects of multiple types of attacks on the network, including:
- Ransomware on the PLC: Unauthorized Logic Download that adds a time-bomb to the controller logic. If the ransom is not paid, the PLC outputs change to “hack” mode, causing the PLC to send out malicious commands, e.g., “change the train’s route,” “power off generators,” etc.
- Man-in-the-Middle: where the attacker secretly relays and possibly alters the communication between two parties who believe they are directly communicating with each other.
- Remote access Trojan in the HMI: Malware that locks the engineering station mouse and keyboard. In parallel, uses the engineering station to update logic/stop PLCs.
Two kit form factors
Two types of kits are available, to match the characteristics of different type of networks:
Small handy suitcase:
- 1 or 2 controllers
- Static 3D Model (can be tuned based on presenter needs)
- Visual effects – lights
- 16cm x 34cm x 46cm (6.3” x 13.4” x 18.1”)
- Demo laptop, pre-installed with a Wonderware HMI (UI can be aligned to the 3D model), instance of the attacker PC and engineering software.
Top view, showing model deployment
Frontal view, showing case
Large Scale Training Module for classrooms
- 3 Controllers.
- 3D Dynamic Model – includes moving parts, such as trains, small wind turbines (can be tuned based on presenter needs)
- Visual effects – depends on the moving parts.
The Large-scale kit includes offers a specifically-designed model for the transportation sector, which includes the following components. Note that Controller types can be changed, according to the presenter goals.
Programmable logic controller (PLC) – Siemens S7 1200
- Controls the Airport runway lighting system
- Modular and compact + Expansion capability
- A standard Web server page for performing a CPU firmware update
Programmable logic controller (PLC) – Schneider Electric Modicon M221
- Control Automatic sliding doors model and track switching
- Supports variety of I/O ports
- Communication ports : Ethernet, USB-Mini-B, Serial Line
SCADA server and HMI – Schneider Electric Wonderware
- Obtains PLC readings
- Sends preset control commands to PLCs
- Visualizes the state of the ICS and of the PLCs (3 visual models)
Modbus TCP protocol
- Start / Stop / Log attacks control.
Communication Network Architecture
3D Transportation Model
Transportation Training Model (based on 3D model)
Components of the Transportation Model